Yay! My birthday is here! The celebration started yesterday for me, on my pre-birthday, as my brother called it. Jamie gave me presents! I got Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich and Must Love Dogs. I love them both, James, thank you. I also left an hour early so that I could go get groceries and still be home at my normal time, which I did. The one downside to that is that it was a million fucking degrees outside, so even with my air conditioner running in my car, I was still all damp and sweaty by the time I got to the grocery store. This heat can break soon. Please? For me? It is my birthday, after all.
Today I am off from work, because I have never worked a birthday in my life, and I don't see any reason to start today. And I celebrated by sleeping in! Until 9:00! That, my friends, is something that NEVER happens. I'll sometimes make it to 8:00 or 8:15, but that's usually the limit. Not today, though. I did have to get up and make Willow get out from under the bed at about 5:30 this morning, though, because Bernie had crawled under there too, and she was on a steady grumble. You try to sleep in with a dog underneath you, going grrrrrr, grrrrrr, grrrrrr on repeat. Once she got out from under the bed, though, she shut up and was fine. Which is good, because I am NOT a pleasant person when my sleep is interrupted. Not that I would have done anything to her, but I would have been in a pissy mood all day, and who wants that? Not me.
Anyway, so I'm going to spend the day doing not much of anything. I'll be playing the Sims, eating brownie sundaes (if I actually bake the brownies today - I bought the stuff yesterday, but it was way too hot to be running the oven - if I don't bake them, then I'll just have ice cream with chocolate sauce, like I did last night, which is still pretty damn good) and hanging out watching TV until about 3:30, then I'm going to my sister's house. She is making me dinner - I requested boiled dinner, which I absolutely love. And for any of you people who don't know what that is, it is ham, cabbage, potatoes and carrots, all boiled together. It sounds kind of gross, I know, but the flavors all come out and merge and it tastes really good when it's done. I don't eat the cabbage, of course. :) She'll probably also make me a cake and I know she got me something too, so I'll have a present to open. I love my birthday.
Okay, that's all for now. I'll most likely update again later today with more birthday news. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
A year later
3 days ago


1 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
and 9:00 thats impressive..now shoot for 10.
Hope you had a great day off from work.
Post a Comment