Monday, April 30, 2007

Pictures and Weekend Recap

Happy Monday morning! I didn't come through with pictures over the weekend. Sorry, I suck. But! I have them now, and better late than never, right? I thought so.

First up is our adorable, newly shorn McDuff (AKA Dufferdoodle, AKA Dufferoo).


Isn't he cute? I heart him. Also, please ignore the hideous 1970s brown linoleum floor. It's on the list of future home improvements, but it's way down below the important stuff, like windows and roof and porch. And probably it's below a lot of other interior stuff, too. I don't spend too much time looking at the floor, after all. Anyway, Duff is adorable, and I LOVE his new haircut.

Next is my darling Lucy cat, who was sleeping on the back of the living room recliner (cat chair), with her head tucked into her paws.


I know, you could just die from the cuteness. I love that cat.

Here's a picture that J took of his two dogs at the top of the stairs, looking down at him. There is a bit of a red eye (yellow eye) problem, but it's cute nonetheless, don't you think?

And the last cute picture I have for the day - I have a picture window in my dining room, which looks out over the pool and the backyard. I have a dining room chair placed in front of the window because the cats love to look out that window, and Saturday when I was going out to cook dinner, I saw why. There were two birds on the ground, and this little guy was in the pine tree on the left side of the window:

Of course, he had gotten out of the tree by the time I got my camera, so the picture isn't the greatest, but it's a little chipmunk! That window is like National Geographic for cats. Also, please note the horrible grape vines. This is only a very small section of them. Sigh. If anyone in the area wants to help cut and pull them out, we're accepting volunteers! They're kind of choking out any potential use of the pool (if we get it opened - that's not a sure thing, what with the porch/roof repairs, and my current lack of any additional income and the large amount of bills that I have right now). Stupid grape vines. :)

Anyway, so that's my picture sharing for the day. I took some before pictures of the porch, to show the truly horrible state it is currently in, but I think I'll wait and share those when the porch is done, so you can see the hopefully truly remarkable difference. The person we hired to do the roof/porch is supposed to start working today, so soon we'll have a new porch and a new roof and new soffits/fascias and the house will look a whole lot better. One more repair/update done, only about a bazillion to go. I've got to start playing the lottery.

So, I had a pretty quiet weekend. J had to work all day Saturday (like, until Midnight), so I was alone all that day, and he had pulled a muscle in his side on Friday, so he laid down most of Sunday, so it was very quiet. I posted a new chapter to my Sims legacy Friday night. There are four chapters up now - here is a link to my story upload page, in case you're interested in reading. I know two of you are reading, so thanks for that, and I hope you continue to like them.

Anyway, so I pretty much played the Sims and watched TV all weekend. And J and I went to get groceries yesterday and we went to Denny's for lunch (for me, breakfast for him), which was fun.

I hope you all had good weekends! Now I'm off to eat pizza in celebration of a staff member who is leaving for a different job. Later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is McDuff's owner as handsome as McDuff is?

Denise said...

Something tells me you ARE McDuff's owner, and yes, you are. :)

Deals On Wheels said...

I love the pics of McDuff. It always cracks me up when a dog like him gets a haircut and suddenly looks like he lost a fourth of his body weight! Hehe!

Oh, and your kitty, Lucy looks SO much like the kitty I had when I was little. Too cute!

Clare said...

Fab pictures Denise and Lucy is sooo cute :).

Hope your week is going well.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger