I wanted to write an entry yesterday, but I was so tired all day that it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. I certainly didn't have the brain power to write anything. But, I got more sleep last night, and today I feel good, so here I am.
I had a pretty good weekend. J was off all weekend, so it was automatically better than it could have been. But we had water problems again. I seem to have problems every spring with my water pump, where it sucks up a stone or something and it makes the pump not able to shut off and basically I live without water until someone comes out to fix it. This time it started acting up on Saturday, so J and I went to his house on Sunday to shower and to do laundry. Then we came home Sunday night and turned it back on so that we could fill the dogs' water dishes, and it miraculously was working again. Ooookay. I talked to my plumber last night, and he said shutting it off caused it to backwash, which washed out whatever was in there blocking it. So, cool! I was afraid I was having problems with the well, because it's been so dry here, weather wise, but he said the well should be fine. So I'm officially relieved. I love when problems fix themselves! I'm still kind of holding my breath whenever I have to run water, but so far so good.
Other than water issues, we seemed to do quite a lot this weekend. Saturday we went to the dump with all of our recyclables and then we went to Denny's for breakfast (waffle, yum) and to Walmart to get groceries, and then home. We went to Lowe's last week when we borrowed my brother-in-law's truck and J got a couple of sheets of wallboard, so he got that cut and hung up on Saturday (he's recreating a closet that I tore out a few years ago). Sunday we went shopping and I got a new shirt for work (which I wore yesterday and promptly dropped chocolate on, but luckily it washed right out, whew) and I bought the most recent stuff packs for the Sims 2. Yay! I love Sims stuff.
We also went to J's sister's house for a Father's Day celebration, with his whole family. We hung out there for about five hours, and it was pretty fun. His family likes me. :) I like them, too. I was happy to get home, though. At the end of a long day, it's just nice to put on my PJs and relax. And I loaded my stuff packs onto my Sims computer, although it was too late to play the game.
Oh, and speaking of the Sims, I posted chapter 8 on Friday night, for the reading pleasure of any of you who might be interested. :) I'm hoping to have chapter 9 up tonight or tomorrow night, so that I can start playing again. Writing is fun, but playing is better.
And then I didn't get enough sleep on Sunday night, and I was horribly tired all day yesterday, and now we're right back to where we started in this entry. So I guess it's time to wrap it up. I hope you all had great weekends, and are having good weeks.
A year later
3 days ago


1 comments:
Okay, I'm all caught up on chapters 8 & 9... when is 10 coming? :D
Post a Comment