I just heard from someone at work (who is related to me through my maternal grandmother - this is a small town, so I have relatives all over the place) that my sister is telling people I'm getting married (or at least she told another relative of ours). Ha! Somehow I never pictured my sister as the sort to gossip, especially before the fact. I mean, J and I are living together, and we're going to be married someday, but I don't even have the ring on my finger yet! My sister is cute.
Anyway. I had a good weekend. J and I went to his sister's house on Saturday for their parents' anniversary party. It was a small party - they only invited a few other family members - but it was fun hanging out with everyone. She had a ton of food, and I really like J's family, so it was fun to hang around them all day. I didn't even mind when J got called in to work and left me there alone for an hour. I wouldn't have minded going with him, just to finally see where he works, but I was happy to stay behind, too. Besides, while he was gone, I got to go through an old photo album filled with pictures of J when he was a little curly haired cutie, so it was fun.
Yesterday we went to see the Simpsons movie (where we ran into Sarah and Jeff - hi Sarah!). It was funny. I'll never love it as much as J does, because he is a Simpsons fanatic, but it was funny and cute. I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed watching J try not to lose it at certain points that he found hysterically funny. Hee. He's cute.
After the movie we went to Wal-Mart to get groceries, where we once again ran into Sarah and Jeff (hi again, Sarah!) and then we went home. J had brought his bathroom stuff home when he was moving the last of his stuff out of his house last week, so we cleaned out the medicine cabinet and made room for his stuff. It's nice seeing all of our stuff merge bit by bit. Then I did the dishes and he made me dinner, which rocks, and he can do it all the time if he wants. He made me a poached salmon dish which was very tasty, even though I have never been a big fish eater, so it'll take me some time to get used to the taste of it. I liked it - he did a great job. I think next time he's going to make me a meatloaf recipe from the same cookbook. Or grilled burgers. Yum.
Anyway, so I thoroughly enjoy having him cook for me. :) I did not, however, thoroughly enjoy the way I was feeling this weekend, or this morning. I had a headache both Saturday and Sunday, which I put down to not drinking enough water. But I drank a couple of bottles of water last night, and this morning I woke up once again headachey, plus I felt overall run down and like I am coming down with something. I hope I'm not, I really do. I don't want to be sick. I'm at work today, and I took some Advil, and I am feeling a bit better, so hopefully I'll kick whatever it is before it gets any worse. Hopefully.
And I just had a little chocolate, and really, that cures just about everything. :)
Also, in case you care about my Sims story at all, chapter 11 is up and chapter 12 will be up later this week, if I get the time and creativity to get it put together and written. There's lots of plotty stuff happening, so if you read it, enjoy!
A year later
3 days ago


4 comments:
Your getting married?
To who? :p
Ha chocolate really does make everything better :).
Have a fab weekend whatever you have planned.
Oh and you should think about coming to London for your honeymoon hehehe.
Ooh, Clare I would love to go to London for my honeymoon! It's more likely to be somewhere in driving distance, though. :)
You could drive to the airport and then get on a plane lol!
Post a Comment