Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday in Vacationland

I missed two days updating, and it wasn't even my fault! :) Saturday morning the Internet was up and working fine - I did some surfing and checked some e-mail, all the usual stuff. Then I got showered and dressed, took the recycling to the dump and went to town to get half a turkey sub for lunch, and when I got home, the Internet was down. When restarting and resetting the modem didn't work, and restarting my computer didn't work, I called my provider. Turns out one of their buildings flooded on Saturday, and Internet service was knocked out for five or six area codes, including mine. So, no Internet for me all the rest of Saturday or the beginning of Sunday.

Sunday, J and I were going in the afternoon to Blues Fest, with two of his friends. The Internet was still down in the morning, but we got up and went after groceries and went to breakfast at Denny's, and then we came back and got ready to go.

The Blues Fest was fun - damp, but fun. When we got there, it was downpouring rain, so J and I hung out in the car for a while, until his friends felt we had stayed dry long enough (just kidding), and they came and got us and took us out to where the festivities were happening. We hung out under the beer tent for a while, keeping dry, and the three of them had a beer (I was the designated driver of our two person carpool, so no drinking for me, not that I like beer anyway. In fact, I don't drink at all, really, so I'll always happily be the DD). We listened to the local act who was on the stage at the time, and then, when it was time for the next "name" act to play on the opposite stage, we went over there and sat down in the chairs his friends had nicely brought with them for us.

Okay, I like the blues? And his friends seem really nice - I wouldn't mind hanging out with them more often. But sitting in the rain, under one of those garbage bag rain coats that you can buy at amusement parks and the like, was not my idea of a good time. I was very happy when the rain finally stopped and the sun came out. Then I was able to enjoy the day more.

And it really did get pretty fun after that. We watched the act, and then we went to the local barbecue place and had some great food. Then we went and stood watching another act again, and this group was really entertaining, I thought. I liked them. They were a local group again, but one that really seems to enjoy what they're doing, and they're pretty good at it, too.

And at that point, I would have been happy to leave. It was 9:30 before they finished, I was getting tired, and my feet were sore from standing up for too long. But we stayed to watch the last act - Jimmy Vaughan (brother to the late great Stevie Ray Vaughan), and then we left to go home. I drove, with J navigating me out of the city (I hate driving in the city - too many one way streets to make you lose your way, often when where you need to be is in sight, but you just can't get there because of all the damn one way streets, grr), and then we got home, took care of the dogs, and collapsed.

Oh, and the Internet was back up, but it was after Midnight, so it was technically already today (and I had already missed updating on Sunday), and I was tired, so no entry until now. :)

Anyway, so far vacation has been great. We slept in this morning (I didn't get up until 9:30, which is pretty unheard of), we were lazy this morning and got some stuff done this afternoon. I trimmed the weeds and grass around the pool out back, showing myself just how weak I am, because man, somewhere around the third side of the pool, my arms became amazingly like jelly. I need to work my arms more.

And now I'm inside playing the Sims (and updating here), while J is outside cleaning up his shop area in the garage. I've told him to call me if he needs help with anything, but otherwise, I am clear to play. Woo!

Oh, and we might - might - get Chinese food for dinner tonight. Yay! If we do, should I have sweet and sour chicken, or sesame chicken? I almost always go with sweet and sour, but sesame sounds good, too. I'll have to think about it.

Have a great Monday evening, peoples! I'll talk to you again tomorrow. And for now, good-bye from Vacationland!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

And then you have signs that say "no left turn between 7am and 6pm" which completely messes up your plan to avoid rush hour traffic. Then you promptly get lost, and end up making a 15 minute trip 45.

Oh wait, that was me yesterday. ;P

Me + Citys (even ones I do know!) + Driving + Rush Hour = RAGE.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger