
The cold weather has come to central New York. Brrr!
This is the side of my house. Isn't it pretty? It's an old farm house. I bought it in 1999, but it was built in about 1900. It has five bedrooms, and is way too big for me, since I live alone. I don't even use the upstairs, except for storage. It's a waste, really. I love it, though. It needs some work done to it - I've started replacing the windows, but I still have eight more to do before I'm done. I also need to get a new roof and the siding needs to be replaced, too. Fun, huh? It'll take me years to get all of that done, since I live alone and have a million bills. And by the time I get all of that done I'll probably sell it and buy something smaller, because I really don't need that much room for just myself, you know?
My house is in the middle of a bunch of farmland, so I'm surrounded by corn fields and have a nice view of a farm just across the corn field that I was standing in when I took this picture. I got a notice of a public hearing a while ago because someone wanted to create a major subdivision within 500' of my property. I'm not too thrilled with that idea, because I love not having neighbors. But, on the plus side, maybe it'll drive up my property values so that ifI do decide to sell, I can get more money than I would otherwise. Who knows.
Anyway. Today is Friday, and I am so happy about that, you have no idea. I need the break. I need a vacation, actually. I can't wait for Thanksgiving break (did I write that in here before? It sounds familiar, so I probably did. Sorry!). I am going to spend part of tomorrow with my friend Jamie. We'll go to lunch and to Walmart, probably, and then we'll come back to my house and watch Nip/Tuck, which he got me watching.
Ooh, speaking of TV, Sarah got me interested in Smallville, and I got the first two discs of season one from Netflix the other day. I watched the first three episodes last night, and it's so good! I can't believe I never watched it before. Plus, Sarah was right - Clark is just cute. Definitely worth watching. And of course, James Marsters from Buffy is on the current season, so I'm looking forward to catching up and seeing him on TV again. I love my Buffy and Angel people.
Okay, I guess I should get back to work. I hope you're all having nice Fridays, all two of you who read this!
A year later
3 days ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment