I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend so much. Five whole days off! No school, no work, no responsibilities except spending the day at my sister's on Thursday for the obligatory holiday dinner thing. Otherwise, my time is my own, to spend it however I want. I have been looking forward to hanging out around the house, watching TV and playing the Sims to my heart's content.
Sounds nice, doesn't it? The truth is, it's apt to make me want to kill myself by the time Sunday night rolls around that week. I spent a good chunk of yesterday with my friend Jamie, going out to lunch and getting groceries and watching two weeks worth of Nip/Tuck. So yesterday was fine. But I was alone last night, and I've been alone all day, and I've been playing the Sims and watching TV and now it's 5:36 in the evening, and I'm really not as happy as you'd think I'd be on a day off. I'm lonely, my dog is grumbling for no reason and driving me crazy, I'm getting bored with my Sims, I ran out of Smallville DVDs to watch, and worst of all I think I have killed my right wrist. I have problems with that wrist - I've never been to the doctor for it, but I figure it's a carpal tunnel type thing, because it hurts when I've been doing a lot of computer stuff, especially with a mouse. And of course, that's what I've been doing all day. Silly me.
Anyway, if it hurts this bad after just one and a half days, what is it going to feel like after five? Ugh. I shudder to think.
That being said, even though I know I'll be alone too much and on the computer too much, I'm still looking forward to the break. But maybe I'll have to plan on doing something to keep myself busy. Something that doesn't involve a computer.
One bright spot - I bought myself a small Christmas Cactus yesterday. I will always love these plants, not only because they bloom so pretty this time of year, but also because they will always remind me of my mother, who loved them. I haven't had one in a couple of years, and it's felt wrong. Having this plant on top of my compter tower makes me feel like a piece of Mom is here again. It's nice.
Oh, another bright spot - I had a dream this morning that I was a teenager, and I was having a party. Who was at this party? A teenage John Cusack, looking like he was right out of Say Anything or, my personal favorite, The Sure Thing. Once the party was almost over, we ended up talking and he left and I went down the hall to go to bed. Then the door opened, he walked back in, picked me up and gave me the biggest, hottest French kiss ever. Any dream that ends with a kiss from John Cusack is a very good dream indeed.
A year later
3 days ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment