Aaaahhhh. The only good thing about working 12 days in a row is the incredible feeling of freedom and appreciation it has made me have for this weekend. You know what I did yesterday? Almost nothing, and it felt great. Okay, so I did a couple loads of laundry. And I ran a few errands (grocery store, library, bank), but I got to take the dogs with me, so that was even okay. And I got Chinese food for dinner, so really it was just about the perfect Saturday. And today is shaping up just as well. I need to mow the lawn, but it is a little rainy and actually cold out (weird, for August), so that's not getting done today. Instead I will be sitting here all day, playing the Sims, catching up on my recorded TV shows, and maybe sweeping the floors. Oh, and I have already done two loads of laundry and my sheets are in the washer. But laundry is almost nothing, it's so easy - the machines do all the work.
Anyway, I'm just checking in to let you all know that I did in fact survive my 12 days of hell, and I am really enjoying my weekend. And now I just have to work five more days, and then I get a THREE day weekend, because I took Labor Day off (we don't get it automatically, because the office doesn't close). And I'll get my first overtime paycheck on Tuesday, and I can't wait to see how big it is. They better not kill me too much with taxes, because I need to feel like all that time with no days off was worth it.
And now I'm going to go back to playing my game. I hope you all are having fantastic weekends!
A year later
3 days ago


2 comments:
Hey you can use the overtime pay to purchase the upcoming sims games!
Unfortunately, by the time Pets comes out, this overtime will be long gone. But I'll still get the expansion pack anyway. :)
Thanks for the comment!
Post a Comment