Crap. My roof is leaking. The place where it's leaking is in a fairly small section of the roof that is over an addition, so it's not the whole roof. Still - there's water dripping into my living room! Crap. I so don't have the money for this kind of repair.
This same section of roof leaked at the beginning of the summer, too, but it hadn't since, so I had allowed myself to hope that it would last until the spring. Now I'm not so sure. Stupid house repairs that I can't afford. Sigh.
I wonder if it's too early in the relationship to ask J if he knows how to shingle a roof? :) Probably, since we're only having our second date tonight. Dang it. I want to say I'm just kidding, but really I'm only partially kidding. I may be all liberated and independent in many ways, but if someone wanted to fix this for me and all I'd have to do was pay for materials? I would accept gratefully.
Okay, I'm off to do my anti-rain dance.
Update: I wrote this Saturday morning, but for some reason it wouldn't post. It's now Sunday afternoon. The ceiling stopped leaking after a short while, thank goodness, and it's not raining now, so I'm hoping I'll be okay. For now, anyway. Also, I had another great date last night. I could get used to this whole relationship thing. :)
A year later
3 days ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment