Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gracie and Her Cast

Gracie had a vet appointment yesterday, to do a recheck on her leg. The cast looked fine, so the vet didn't change it, but she did do an x-ray to find out that her leg was starting to knit back together, but it was going slowly, so she's going to be in the cast for a while. No problem - she wants out of the crate pretty badly, but she's doing well in there. And then this morning I went in to check her food and water, and noticed that the cast had fallen off. D'oh! Damn it! So I had to head back to the vet with her today to have a new one put on, and I only hope she didn't undo the little bit of healing it had started to do. We'll see.

So she's at the vet's office today, getting re-casted, so to speak, and my bill is going higher and higher. Sigh. The x-ray they took yesterday added $77 to the bill. Will they have to do another x-ray today? I have no idea, but guaranteed the bill will be going up again, because even if they don't do another x-ray, they will need to sedate her to put a new cast on. Sigh. I hate bills.

I just hope that the outcome of all of this will be that she heals perfectly and is back to normal at some point - probably in March or April. We'll see.

1 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

I've actually been researching medical insurance for my pets. With my luck, though, Gypsy Kitty and Hasky will be healthy if I have it, and medical disasters if I don't. I'm thinking - with animals like ours - this is a no win situation.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger