Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom, and J Spoils Me

Today is my Mom's birthday. She would be 70 years old, if she were still here. I love you, Mom, I miss you and think of you always.

*********

I have been so incredibly spoiled this week. J is on vacation this week, and instead of laying around relaxing and watching TV all week, he has been cleaning like mad - the house looks so great I can't even tell you - AND he has been cooking me dinner every night. Talk about spoiled! We had salmon last night, and we've had stuffed chicken and cheesy pasta and corned beef - it has been so luxurious. I can't remember the last time that I have had someone cook for me this much. No, wait - I can remember, and it was my Mother, before I moved out of her house when I was 19. So there you go.

And we've spent the evenings together, when I've gotten home from work. We've watched TV and watched an episode of Buffy (which I really missed - it's been months since we've done that) and basically we've just enjoyed being together. It's been a really nice week.

I'm lucky to have him.

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger