J had today and yesterday off, so he came into town and met me for lunch both days. It's so nice to be able to hang out with him in the middle of the day! I enjoy that a lot. Yesterday we went to lunch at the local restaurant that is owned by the place where I work, and had their yummy chicken sandwiches and fries (and Saranac root beer bottles at $2.50 each - ouch!), and today we went to the local pizzeria and had slices and cheese sticks. While we were at lunch, I gave him one of his gifts (his birthday is tomorrow) - a book by Alice Cooper. J's a big fan of his.
After lunch, we came back and got ice cream cones from work, and then he met some people who I work with, including Jamie! Jamie and Sarah both have been telling me that I was making J up, but now I have proof! Jamie's seen him and spoken to him, so now he knows he's real. Of course, Sarah's Mom saw him when we happened to be at the movies at the same time, but apparently that didn't count. But now he's been officially introduced, and just in time, because I think we're all going to go to the movies on Monday to see the new Pirates movie.
Anyway, after he met my bosses and coworkers, J went back home, and I went back to work. I have to say, it was kind of nice introducing him to everyone. I liked showing him off. :)
Apparently there was some excitement near my house this morning. J was there working on the room upstairs that is going to become his music room, and he started smelling something burning. He looked around the house and didn't see anything, and then when he let the dogs out, he saw that the tractor that has been plowing the field across the street was on fire! It was fully engulfed in flames, so he watched it get put out. Cool! Well, not cool for the farmer - I hope they had insurance on it. But still. I missed the whole thing, what with being at work, but J took some pictures. If they come out well, I'll post them here, too.
Okay, I haven't updated in what, a week? Wow. You'd think I'd have more to say, but apparently you'd be wrong. ;-) We had a quiet weekend. J had to work both days, which officially sucks, as does his boss for making him do that. So I played the Sims a lot, and watched TV and lots of non-productive stuff like that.
Oh, and on Saturday I had lunch with a friend who I used to work with at SU. We hadn't seen each other since the weekend before my first date with J, so it had been a while. It was really nice to see her and catch up again. After lunch, I went shopping to get some new jeans, and ended up getting one new pair of work pants, three new work shirts, and no jeans. Sigh. I dont' know what is up with the retailers. Why do they think women only want to buy capri length jeans in the spring? Stupid people. There was a whole wall of regular Levi's for men, and a similar wall for boys, but nothing for women. Stores suck. So I haven't gotten any new jeans yet, but at least I got some work stuff.
So, tomorrow is J's birthday, like I said, but he has to work (I mentioned his boss sucks, right?), so we're celebrating tonight. We're going to have barbecue and mashed potatoes (that's what he wanted for his birthday, and the barbecue is Dinosaur, for anyone familiar with this area) for dinner, and cake for dessert, and he's getting two more gifts! I can't wait to see him open them. I've been hanging on to them for three weeks, and it's been torture. I love giving gifts.
Anyway. Suddenly I'm out of things to say, so I'll wrap this entry up by saying bye! I hope you all are having great weeks, and may your tractors not catch on fire. :)
Pet life
2 days ago

3 comments:
Sarah if you happen to read this...He is a real person.
Unless.............
....Denise paid someone to pretend to be him!!...LMAO
Just judging on first impressions, I approve of this imaginary J person, Not that my approval means anything after 7 months. :P
Wow so J is really real then ;). Glad you had a good time showing off J to everyone and taking pictures of tractors on fire. Sounds like you've had a busy old week lol!
LOL! Jamie tells me he really thinks you did pay someone to play J... So tell me, how much is he costing you? :giggle:
PS I am so going Monday. Jeff too!
Post a Comment