My Internet addiction is being tested, and I am NOT having fun. Plus, Tuesday night kind of sucked. :)
We had thunderstorms roll through Tuesday afternoon, starting just about the time I was leaving work. I got soaked going out to my car, but water dries, so no biggy. J was at work late that night, so I went home, took care of the dogs, and started writing chapter nine of my Sims legacy. And in the middle I also put in a load of clothes to wash, and was so paranoid about the water after the whole water pump problem of the weekend that I kept getting up and listening to it while the water was running into it. Yes, I am paranoid that the water is going to stop working again.
Anyway, so just as the washer was finishing, I opened it up to look inside, and the little switch that the lid pushes down to make it run fell out. Freaking great! I tried to get it back in, but the part it connects to is way under the side of the lid where it's impossible to see it, so I couldn't. And then when I took the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer, I saw a necklace that J must have had in his pocket on the bottom of the washer tub. I went to take it out, and the clasp was stuck in one of the holes of the tub - I broke the necklace two times trying to get it out. Wonderful! I put the rings of the necklace back together with pliers and hoped it would be okay.
Then I finished writing my story and got it uploaded to the Sims 2 website. Woo! And then I moved the Internet connection from my desktop to my laptop, so that I could post the link to the forums I frequent, and the Internet was down. It was taken down from the thunderstorms, and as of this morning, it was still down. Worse yet, we didn't have the Internet at work until after 3:00 yesterday, by which time I was going into serious e-mail withdrawal. Yes, I am addicted to the Internet. The addiction isn't as strong as the one I have for the Sims or chocolate, but it's there. I'm not proud, but I'll admit it.
Anyway, after all of that, I gave up and just watched TV until J got home. Luckily, the necklace was one he was going to throw out anyway, so he didn't care that I had broken it. And a washer repairman is going to come out this afternoon to get it working again. (And you better believe I'll be running home this afternoon and cleaning all the lint and dirt out from behind the washer, too.) And if my Internet is still out this afternoon, I'll call them and find out what's going on, and hopefully it'll be back soon.
But there, for your enjoyment, is the story of my very bad, no good Tuesday night.
Pet life
2 days ago

3 comments:
Hope you got your internet back now Denise.
Sorry you had a crappy Tuesday! I think I might die without internet.
Ahh poor D! I hope the rest of the week was better than tuesday.
Post a Comment