My head is a little achy this morning, and my eyes are a little tired, but last night was so stinking fun! J and I went to see George Thorogood and the Destroyers last night. We got to the concert venue at about, oh, 6:30 or so? We went in and found the box office and picked up the tickets for last night and for the ZZ Top concert that we're going to see in September, then he bought himself a t-shirt. He said he wasn’t going to buy a t-shirt, because he has too many, but of course he bought one. How can he resist? Then we went in right after they opened the doors.
We were shown to our table, and we had seats right up against the stage, with the speaker right behind us. We were there an hour or so before the show started, so we sat there and talked and then the guy showed up who sat next to me, and he smelled like alcohol and was pretty strange. Yuck. But then the women showed up who were sitting across from us, and they were in their 50s, I would say, and one of them at least was very much an old(er) rocker chick, and they were very nice and cool. I was happy to sit across from them. They kind of buffered the weird drunk guy next to me.
And then the lights went down and the band came out, and they put on an amazing show, they really did. I’ve always liked George Thorogood, but have never been a huge fan. Well, I had a blast. I didn’t know all of the songs that he did, but I knew most of them, and even then ones I didn’t know I danced along to. How could I not, when I was sitting right next to the speaker? The bass was reverberating through me, I could feel every note in the core of my body – seat dancing was not optional.
He did most of his more popular songs, and came out when the show was over to shake hands and he lifted a little boy who was wearing a Lil’ Destroyers shirt up over his head, almost giving his father a coronary because the little boy was holding their camera, so there is no photographic evidence of the fact at all. But it was cute. The little guy looked like he didn’t have any idea what was going on. (Also, I have to wonder at a parent who brings his roughly 8 year old son to a rock concert. I think I would have left him at home, if only to spare his hearing. Those things are loud!)
And then it was over, and we were driving home, and J was falling asleep in the passenger seat, because he hadn’t slept all day and had worked the night before, and we crashed as soon as we got home and got the animals taken care of. Yes, we are old people. But I loved every second of it.
Thanks, J. :) And I can't wait for ZZ in September.
Pet life
2 days ago

1 comments:
I've not heard of George Thorogood but glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment