Wow, sorry it's been so long since I updated last. I didn't mean to make anyone worry about me or anything. Life just got a little crazy.
Since I wrote last, the water pump at our house died, or started to die, and we had to have it replaced, and then there was a broken pipe between the house and the well, which ended up meaning replacing all of the pipes between the house and the well, which further meant rerouting them around the garage, instead of under it, which put them under the front of the driveway (close to the garage - would that be the front or the back?). And of course it all meant lots of money, and lots of freaking out and worrying and me not wanting to write because I didn't know how to write without freaking out more. Stupid house repairs.
But I do have to say that J was great throughout the whole thing, and I owe my current ability to shower and do laundry and have water for the animals to him, and by the way? I fall more in love with him every single day. He's the greatest.
So anyway, drama aside, life has been good. This weekend I didn't do too much, really. Just the normal household chores like laundry and vacuuming and things like that. And J and I took a couple of trips to Lowe's yesterday to get stones to fill in the strip of driveway that was removed, so that we could park in the garage, which J completely cleaned out! It looks fantastic in there. And football season has started, so we're settling into a new routine of him watching or listening to his football games while I Sim and watch DVDs on my laptop with the headphones on. It's a companiable way to spend time, even if we aren't doing anything active together, so I like it. He gets his football, I get my Sims, and we still get time together, so it's all win.
Also, fall has officially hit central New York. I wore a long sleeve t-shirt on Saturday and a sweatshirt yesterday, and needed them. Of course, now it's going to get warmer every day for the rest of the week, but the chill has hit the air, the leaves are turning and the fall/Halloween decorations are coming out at our house, so yeah, it's fall. And that's fine with me, because I always did love fall the most. Even if it is followed a little too closely by winter.
Oh, and one more thing - J has turned out to be a fantastic cook. He has made a few different dishes now, and they've all been fantastic. I don't know how it happened, but I found my perfect man - he loves me for who I am, he finds all of my little quirks to be adorable, AND he cooks! And even does dishes! I'm lucky to have him.
And I guess that's all I have to say for now. I'm sorry about the long break between updates - I'll try to be better about that from now on.
Pet life
2 days ago

1 comments:
Glad you are okay Denise and that J has helped you through the house repairs nightmare.
Fall has hit London this week too and there is a real chill in the air in the mornings and at night. I quite like it :).
Hope you are alright now.
Post a Comment