Monday, October 01, 2007

Halloween and Wrist and Dinner, Yum

This entry brought to you by the Halloween bracelets that J gave me. Thanks, babe! Today I'm wearing the one that says "Trick or Treat," and has the bats on the sides (see the other picture below). I love these things - they're so fun.

I've never been a person to get too into Halloween, really. I loved going trick or treating, of course, and getting a big bag of candy that I wouldn't even finish eating (I seem to remember running across a big bag of the stuff in a dresser drawer months after Halloween once when I was a kid - I must have hidden it from my Mom, because she never would have let it sit around that long), but I never decorated for it, and I haven't dressed up for it since the last time I went trick or treating when I was 11 or so. But now that J is in my life, my house is filled with skulls and scary jack-o-lanterns and ghosts, and there is even a Freddy Krueger image in the front window. And you know what? I like it. I love that he is someone who gets so into holidays. It's fun. (And I'll share some pictures with you before Halloween, or at least I'll try.)

So, it's been almost a week since my last update, I think, and I've watched a ton of TV since then. I'm watching all of the most interesting new shows, and so far the only one I won't watch again is Chuck. It was okay, but it didn't quite work right, in my opinion, so I'm not wasting time on it. I haven't watched all of the new stuff yet - I have Moonlight or whatever it was called on my DVR but haven't watched it yet, and I think there's something else on there that I haven't seen yet, too, but I can't remember what. The new stuff has been surprisingly good, though, I think. I loved Big Bang Theory, which I already wrote about, and I also really liked Reaper. And I wasn't even going to watch Bionic Woman, because it had already been done, but I'm glad I did, because it was nothing like the 70s version. I liked it a lot. I wasn't sure about Private Practice - it was pretty boring, but I'll give it another week or two to improve before I stop watching it. All in all, though, I'm loving having so much TV to watch, and I'm happy with almost all of it, so I consider the 2007 fall TV season to be a success.

I think I wrote in an earlier entry that I was thinking about making a baby blanket for my soon to be great-niece. Well, I got the yarn for it on Saturday, and started making it. I'm having fun crocheting again. I haven't done anything crafty in a long time, so it's fun. One thing I did forget about, though - I can't crochet for too long before my right wrist starts to hurt. I have a repetitive motion injury in that wrist (I've never had it diagnosed, so I don't know what it is for sure - I only know it started when I worked as a bank teller, and it hurts if I do anything with that hand for too long without having the wrist supported), and it doesn't like the crocheting motions much. So I crocheted for a little bit Saturday night and a little bit more on Sunday morning, and then had to take the rest of the day off from it. I'll do a little tonight, and will keep working on it every day, but I'm going to have to limit my time because of the wrist. Which is fine, but I only have two weeks until the baby shower, so I hope I have enough time to get it finished before then. I might actually try using a wrist brace to see if that helps with the pain. It can't hurt, right? Yeah, maybe I'll talk to my pharmacist before I buy one, to get their opinion.

And now I only have ten minutes until it's time to leave work, woo! J and I are going to my sister's house for dinner, which should be fun. I love seeing her every week, and I really love it when J can come with me, which he can't very often because of work. So it's a special night. My favorite sibling and my favorite man, all at the same time! :) Anyway, I better publish this and get ready to go. Bye!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff was watching "the soup" or whatever the other day, and they had a little something about Private Practice that was hilarious. They showed some clips from the premiere (which I didn't see), and basically it was a full minute or so of the word "sperm." Did it really get said that much?! :lol: But anyway, then the guy was all like, "so it's official. This show that is the most popular among ___(i forget what age group___ women? Was written by a group of 12 year old boys."

And then? I died laughing.

True story!! PS Turn your Trillian on at work once in awhile wouldya? :)

Oh, and I'm glad to hear it's not too early to start decorating! I have been wanting to, but waiting. Maybe now I will stop waiting!

Denise said...

Hi Sarah!

Yes, they did say sperm that much! A guy who was giving a sperm sample so that his girlfriend could have his baby died from a stroke, and they wanted to take the sperm from his dead body. But his wife had a problem with it. Ha!

And okay, I'll turn on Trillian today! :)

Deals On Wheels said...

Whoa. I totally heard about that guy who died giving a sperm sample. I think one of my coworkers saw the episode or something. Anyway, I had forgotten all about it until I read the comments here.

Okay...so now I have no idea WHAT I was going to comment on. Sigh. The memory is the first thing to go, right?!

Clare said...

OMG those bracelets are so cool. We don't get anything like that over here for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

It's new post time! I think we need pics of the halloween decorations, dude. :D

Denise said...

I know, I know! Sorry, I meant to post this week, but it didn't happen. I was super busy at work on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then I was out of town for a meeting on Thursday and Friday. A post will come soon, I promise. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I knew you had to go somewhere and then I forgot. Sorry for my impatience!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger