Thursday, March 06, 2008

Good sleep equals energy - who knew?

I got a good 8 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night, and I feel GREAT this morning. It's amazing what a decent amount of sleep will do for you, you know?

I think I had written about the headaches I had been having - you'll be happy to know that they've gone away, finally. Woo! I think I was fighting off some sort of illness - most likely a sinus infection or the flu that was being passed around my office - and now I've fought it off and feel great. Here's to a good immune system!

I'm also still loving my yogurt. Yum. I have one every day now, and would seriously almost consider eating it in place of chocolate. Almost. :)

I found out what colors Michelle wants for her baby's blanket (she's growing my great-niece, you know), so I picked out a pattern yesterday. Now all I have to do is buy the yarn, and I can get it started! I'm kind of eager to get it going. I'm running out of time.

I'm sorry I haven't updated in here much lately. Once I gave up on the blog 365 thing, I kind of fell apart, didn't I? Sigh. I'll sign up to write every day for a month soon - maybe in April, and if not, then in May. Part of the reason I haven't updated here is because I've been completely obsessed with my Sims again. I try not to write about that here (I save it for my livejournal), hence the silence. Oops. :)

So. I spent my whole life sleeping alone on a nightly basis, until J moved in with me last year. And now, in a space of just six or seven months of having him there, I've completely lost the ability to sleep when he's not home. It's sad, isn't it? The other night he was working a little late. I went to bed at 9:30, because I was so tired, and then I lay there. And lay there. Awake the whole while. At first I was too cold to be comfortable (I love the kerosene heater, because it keeps the living room area nice and warm, but it doesn't do anything for the bedroom, so it gets kind of cold in there), and then when I got warm, I still couldn't sleep. Until J got home just after 11:00. Once he climbed into bed, I was out like a light. What the heck? Sigh. I don't mind - I'm glad that he's become so important to me that I can't sleep if he's not home. It just amazes me. :) Also it kind of frightens me, because he has a work trip coming up. If I can't sleep without him, those four days alone are going to be ROUGH.

Okay, well. I've rambled enough, I guess. I'll try not to go a whole week between updates next time, okay? ;-)

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger