I had a very good weekend. Friday after work the washer repair man came out and fixed my washer for me. Woo! I can now wash clothes again! Which is fantastic. And he was a very interesting old guy, from the area where I live, and he knew the history of my house back to the 1920s, if not earlier. I knew who lived there before me, of course, because I bought the house from him, but this guy knew the person who lived there before them, and even who lived there before them! The original person (that he knew - probably not the original owner of the house, though) was a doctor, who used to run his office out of the house. In fact, he delivered the repair man's father! I thought that was pretty cool. I found myself trying to imagine what the house looked like when this doctor lived there in the 1920s. Where was his practice? How much of the house was there then? I know parts of it were added on in the 60s, so I imagine it was just the main two story part that was there then. I loved the idea of knowing a little, tiny bit of the history of my 100+ year old house.
Anyway, so he fixed the washer and I was able to do laundry this weekend, exciting! Or necessary, anyway.
Saturday J had to work, so I was at home alone, but the day went really quickly. I mowed the lawn, washed and hung out clothes, and of course played the Sims most of the day. I have enough played now to write chapter ten, except for one part that I need to work on first. But it'll be out sometime this week, I imagine. Maybe Tuesday night, because J has to work again.
Yesterday J and I were planning on relaxing and just watching TV and DVDs all day, but somehow we ended up cleaning and organizing the bathroom cabinet. I had given that cabinet up because of a couple of really large spiders that I had seen (and killed) in it, so I hadn't used it in years. Well, now we've reclaimed it, which feels nice. And I'm sure I'll eventually stop obsessively looking for spiders on my towels (shudder). Then we went upstairs and I helped him move his entertainment center to a different spot in his music room, and while he was fixing that up and reconnecting all of the wires, I went down and cleaned out the desk that he's been using. There were papers in that thing from the early 90s. I've never been a real organized person. But, J seems to be instilling it into me a bit, because I am much happier with the house with all of these steps that we're doing to fix things up. And now I want to clean out the desk that I use. It won't be so bad, but only because I've only had it for a few years. Hee.
And that's pretty much all the organizing we did yesterday. After that was all done, we went to Pizza Hut and got dinner, and then we relaxed. He watched the NASCAR race, while flipping back and forth from other things, and I played the Sims some more. It was nice.
And now it's Monday, and we're both back to work, and it kind of sucks. But, I can hang in there, because July 4th is next week! And my vacation is only two weeks after that. I can't wait.
Pet life
2 days ago

1 comments:
How about calling it 'Not Tuesday'?
Post a Comment