I am mildly lactose intolerant. I say mildly, because I can eat some dairy - I'm fine with cheese, I can eat ice cream and I can eat yogurt. Milk, however, I canNOT drink, and most things made with milk are also off limits, such as mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and other yummy things like that. I haven't had Stouffer's macaroni and cheese in easily five years, and I still miss it from time to time. Oh, and I miss milkshakes, too. Mmmm.
One of the things that I have found out I CAN'T eat, unless I buy a mix and make them myself, is blueberry muffins. They're made with milk, and they bother me. I won't go into what they do to me, because it's gross, but suffice it to say after I get this reaction from a food item once, I tend not to eat it again.
And yet, when a coworker brought in store bought mini blueberry muffins this morning, I checked out the label. Milk was listed in the ingredients, but it was under the "contains 2% or less of..." section. So I would be fine if I only ate one, right? They're so little! I ate one. I've been paying for it all day.
I am an idiot.
Pet life
2 days ago

2 comments:
LOL You're not an idiot! You're an optimist.
But I guess some would argue that that's the same thing.
Sometimes it's worth the suffering an sometimes not. I guess this time it's not!
Yes, we are about 45 minutes from Brockport. We'd love to make arrangements for you to visit while your in town. You've never been to our place have you? So give a call when you can. Baby will be here by then!
Post a Comment