Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The End

I forgot to post on Monday. I remembered it the next morning, and went "oh well."

Yesterday I thought about the fact that I hadn't posted before I shut the computer off for the night, but thought, "well, I already missed yesterday, so what difference does it make?"

Today I'm posting to explain the last couple of days, but really - NaBloPoMo is over for me. Not only that, I think this whole blog is over for me. I just don't really want to write about my life here anymore. I'm not sure why. Maybe now that I have J in my life and am overall pretty happy, there's no reason to? I don't know.

But I feel safe in saying this is the end of my updates here at WatchOutForThisOne. Thanks for reading, to those of you who have - it always meant a lot to me when I'd get a comment or an e-mail from you.

I am still going to be writing on my diet blog from time to time, but that's mostly just for me, to help me work out the food related demons in my head, so I don't mind if you aren't reading it. Feel free to stop in if you want to, though.

Good-bye!

10 comments:

Eve said...

I'm going to miss the updates here, but I totally understand not wanting to blog anymore. If you ever start up again elsewhere, let me know. After reading for so long, it almost feels like you are a friend that's going away. Funny huh?

-Eve

Anonymous said...

Worst post ever. Where is the dislike button?

Denise said...

Thanks Eve! I will let you know. :)

And Sarah - uh, there isn't one, but your dislike has been noted. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, does that mean you give up on your 101 goals too?

Denise said...

No, I am still working on some of those! I guess I just won't be writing about them online, though. :)

Deals On Wheels said...

I mean, I understand. It is just like the end of an era, you know? Or the end of reading-about-someone-you-don't-actually-know-but-think-you-would-like-if-you-did.

Plus, I liked looking at your animal pictures.

Goodbye, virtual friend! You will be missed! At least by a random girl in Texas.

Sniff.

Denise said...

Aww, thanks Deals! Don't worry, though, I'll still be on your site whenever you post, and I'll remember to comment more often. :)

Clare said...

Sorry to see your blog go Denise even though I don't have time to stop by very often. I'm so glad you are happy and everything is going well. I'll bookmark your diet blog and stop by when I can.

Denise said...

Thanks Clare! :)

Deals On Wheels said...

I had a dream last night and you were in it. This is weird...especially since I’ve never met you.

Anyway, I was at this hotel/indoor pool with a high dive and a bunch of really good dancers (possibly cheerleaders. I'm still not sure). My brother and sister were there, but – for whatever reason – I didn’t want to be around them. So, I jumped off the high dive and managed to evade them. There was much hiding and worrying that they’d find me, but I did manage to watch the cheerleader/dancers dance for awhile undetected. Presumably, my brother and sister were still jumping off the high dive.

But then they caught up to me, and I had to be quick. So, I jumped into a cabinet just in the nick of time. Once inside, I saw there was this other cabinet door with DENISE written on it in white letters and flowers all around it. I opened the door, and was instantly transported from Dallas to upstate New York and your apartment (yes, in my dream world you live in an apartment). You lived with the Asian girl with creepy eyes. And you were wearing a white t-shirt and had your hair in pink tails kind of high up on your head. Weirder still: you were totally unfazed that I just came through some magical porthole/cabinet in your living room.

Anyway, you showed me around the place, and then we went outside. A storm was brewing and you said that Wayne Mahar was predicting another micro burst like the once back in the fall of 1998. The clouds were ominous, but it wasn’t raining yet. You were glad I was there because I was a Texan and could help you prepare for the weather (note: I am a disaster in a crisis, but apparently dream Denise wasn’t aware of this).

About this time, your Asian roommate decided to go walking through the CANYON that was next door to the giant apartment complex that you lived in. You didn’t seem concerned, but I was terrified about her getting swept away in a flash flood. After all (and I remember thinking this in the dream) flash flood can occur even before any rain starts to fall in the immediate area. So, you decided to humor me by telling me that we could watch her walking in the canyon from your living room window. And, sure enough, we watched her get swept away by a river-like avalanche of water. Then, you told me that I needed to go rescue her because I was a Texan and knew what to do (which, by the way, is a ridiculous notion). But I gave it a good effort and I tried to rescue her anyway, and found her in a muddy puddle down the canyon. She was unconscious, but alive. That was when you decided to tell me that you didn’t think your roommate was human, but maybe a vampire or some sort of bizarre computer generated life force and you feared for your life. Apparently, your roomie went walking in the canyon to hunt every night and - if she was unsuccessful – she would try to attack you. You wanted me to help you, but the microburst was about to hit and I was worried we’d be hit by lightening. You insisted that we couldn’t leave weird-Asian-roommate out in the storm (even though you feared for your life), so we had to take her back to the apartment. I tried to talk sense into you, but you wouldn’t hear it. And then you made me carry her back, because Asian-roommate hadn’t fed on me yet, so I was immune.

And then I woke up.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger