What a good day it's been! Today J and I hung around the house and relaxed, and it was so nice. I got some time in for my Sims game - finishing up what I needed for the next update and getting it online. J watched some football (the Dolphins made him sad again, sigh). We tried to watch Superbad, but it was, well, super bad. So we shut it off partway through. Horrible. We're just too old for it, I think. And we just finished watching Scrooged, which I have always enjoyed, and haven't seen in years. And we watched it on a VHS tape! They feel like ancient technology now, somehow - he has to rewind the tape! :)
We opened a couple more presents today, too. :) J thought he knew what one small package was that I had for him, and I knew what a larger package was that he had for me, so we opened them. I got a set of really nice large mixing bowls - I mean, really nice. These things are amazing. I heart them a lot. (Mine are the white ones.) And he got a new pocket knife (which is what he thought it was, so we were both right). I love Christmas.
And mostly we've enjoyed being together all day. I think we enjoy and appreciate each other every day of the year, but it feels especially true when it's almost Christmas.
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. We'll be hanging around the house again in the morning, and we'll be going to his Aunt's house for their annual get together in the evening. And of course, tomorrow night Santa comes and fills our stockings. :) I so love this time of year.
A year later
3 days ago


1 comments:
I am glad that someone else thought Superbad was super bad!!!
Post a Comment