Sunday, December 30, 2007

Late Night Posting is a Bad Idea

There is a reason I don't usually write entries on weekends. They're boring! :) I didn't do much today. J and I tried to sleep in, but Willow woke us up, first asking to go out, then asking to go out followed by puking noises. What a fun sound to wake up to on a Sunday morning! So sleeping in didn't really happen. Then we had breakfast (I made him a ham and cheese omelet, which he said he enjoyed - it was only the second real omelet I've ever made)and took our showers, and then we got to work. We managed to have some down time for ourselves (playing the Sims and crocheting for me, watching and listening to football for J), but we also managed to: do the dishes, do three loads of laundry, pick stuff up, take down some of the outside Christmas lights, move some snow fence to cover the corner by the garage, pick up dog poop from the yard and get ready for work tomorrow. If you know me, and you look at that list, you can tell which of us did which of those activities. :)

So it was a quiet day, in which a lot was actually accomplished, so it was nice. And now it's 10:07 at night, and J is in bed, preparing for getting up for work at 4:30, and the dogs and cats are all sleeping, so it is super quiet in here. It's nice. It kind of makes me wish I was still a night owl, so that I could enjoy this quiet every night. Usually I'm in bed by now, though. I would be tonight, if I had to work tomorrow. But I still get two more days off, so going to bed early can wait for Tuesday night.

And suddenly tomorrow is New Year's Eve, and 2007 is almost over. It was a very good year for me, for the most part. I've been more broke than I have been in a very long time, due to some unexpected bills that kind of came one after the other, but I also fell in love, and that love has grown deeper with every passing day. J calls me a sucker, but I call myself lucky. I'll write more about 2007 tomorrow, but for now I just want to say that I am very grateful. My life was so empty, and now it is so full. I have a house full of animals, which can be incredibly hectic, but I love them all. And I have a man who is no more perfect than I am, yet somehow we're perfect together. I make up for his faults, he makes up for mine, and we love each other with the kind of love I used to only read about. I'm incredibly lucky.

And now I've gotten all sappy, so I'll end this here. It is obviously time for me to go to bed. :) Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barf.

LOL! I'm so funny. :) I'm glad your 2007 was so sappy and mushy. I hope your 2008 is pretty great too!

Oh and I'm totally impressed that you were up past 10. Even if it was only a little past 10. :)

Denise said...

I know! I didn't go to bed until 11:00! Can you believe it? :) And getting up at 7:30 this morning almost killed me, so Wednesday? When I have to get up no later than 6:00? I just might die. :)


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger