Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Moment of Grace(lessness)

I came back from lunch yesterday with my work friend Jen. She had driven us to the other side of campus for our lunch, so we had to walk across the snowy parking lot to get back to our building. A delivery truck was parked in the exit of the lot, giving us only a narrow path to walk in the snow between the truck and the post next to it. Jen went first, and I followed behind her, my eyes on her feet, using the same steps she had just made to avoid slipping in the snow. I thought nothing of what I was doing, until "fwap!" I walked right into the truck's side mirror.

D'oh!

My glasses fell halway off my face, and my forehead and nose stung quite a bit. Not as much as my pride, though. Luckily I'm not too conceited, so I just laughed it off with Jen. Then I came back to my office, looked in a mirror to see that my nose was all dirty, and when I cleaned the dirt off, there was a small scratch on my nose underneath it.

My Mom used to call me Grace when I did things like this. Truthfully, I'm not very graceful at all, and am constantly walking into walls and door frames (the truck is a rare thing, though), so it's a good thing she's not still around - she would have had to change my name legally by now. :)

Stupid delivery trucks. It never would have happened if it weren't parked there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had my share of walking into things that are not moving too! Once I walked into one of those large glass windows twice in one night, with people around both times!

When I see other people have their "grace" moment I tell them I do the same thing all the time and it provides a shared giggle!

-Cathy

Anonymous said...

I'd point and laugh... but you were there when I took a face plant in the gym... So I won't!

Anonymous said...

testing something... sorry, but you make a great guinea pig. :)

faboo mama said...

Oh my! BTDT...I walk into things all the time! In fact, my head hurts from the 3 places I walked into things in the last 27 hours.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger