Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sneaky Holiday Spirit

J and I just went to Walmart to get groceries, and it was a madhouse in there! Usually by 3:45 it's quieted down, but not today. I guess it's going to be busy now until the holidays are over. Sigh. I hate when Walmart is super busy.

I'll tell you one thing, though, for some reason this trip has put me in the beginning of the holiday mood - well, that combined with the snow on the ground, which is deeper than it was yesterday morning. I don't like it much, but it is necessary to make me feel in the Christmas spirit, and somehow, against my own wishes, that seems to be happening.

I also got the stuff to make chocolate chip cookies, because it's my week to clean at work, and we have to bring in a treat on the weeks when we clean. And it occurs to me that I never wrote about that in here, so a lot of you have no idea what I'm talking about. Well, our office cleaner quit, and instead of replacing him, it was decided that the people in the office could take turns cleaning the office. So once every ten weeks or so I have to take out the trash twice a week and vacuum once a week. And then, for some reason, the person who cleans has to bring in a treat for the rest of the office, which seems completely backward to me, but whatever. I think the company should be bringing in a treat, since we're saving them the cost of a cleaner's salary. But maybe that's just me. Anyway, long story short (too late), I'm bringing in chocolate chip cookies, because that's what I felt like making. And of course I'm going to make stuff for us at home, too, but I'm making us blondies - the same thing, just baked like brownies. So yummy.

And I think the thought of baking is putting me in the holiday spirit, too. Stupid holiday spirit, sneaking up on me like that.

And now I'm off to do something - I don't even know what. Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( I wish I could eat a cookie.

Denise said...

Aww, you'll be able to soon. :(

MICHELLE said...

Mee too! I woke up Saturday morning and told Tim that I wished we could put up our tree. Wierd. I'm not usually this early but for some reason this year I just can't wait. I'm trying to hold off on the Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving!

BTW - I changed my blog url to www.notsodailychronicles.blogspot.com


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger