Oops, I missed my first holidailies entry of the year yesterday, didn't I? I forgot all about it until earlier today when I saw a comment from Sarah asking what happened to me. Sorry! I don't have much of an excuse, really. I went to Sarah's yesterday afternoon, to her scrapbooking party, where I made a bee-yoo-ti-ful mini scrapbook with three pictures from my trip to Maine in June (I gave it to my sister last night). I was running late going to that, and then I had to leave while people were still making stuff and having fun because I had to run home and get ready to go to dinner with J and my sister and brother-in-law, for the big meeting of the family. And I was running late for that by the time I got home, so I had to rush around. And then we went to dinner and then we went back to my sister's house afterwards, and then we came home and watched Blues Brothers, after which I promptly fell asleep and slept like the dead, because I was exhausted. And there you have a whole one paragraph excuse for why I didn't update yesterday. :)
The dinner went really well. J really liked my sister and her husband. (And I'm sick of typing that out in reference to them, so I'm just going to say D and K - D is my sister, K is her husband.) K is a very funny guy who is really good at putting people at ease and having a good time with them, so J was feeling pretty comfortable, especially by the time we left their house last night. So the first meeting is over, and it was a success. He did well. Well, I think he did - I'll get the full report from D and K tomorrow on what they thought when I go over there for dinner.
The next hurdle for him is the Christmas dinner thing on the 26th. I'm sure he'll do fine then, too.
And I promise to try really hard not to forget to update again. I swear. :) And to close up this lame excuse for an entry, I'll give you a picture of the best, friendliest, most wonderful dog in the world (Bernie), who has already made friends with J's two dogs. They were lining up for a treat when I took the picture, and do you know how hard it is to get a good picture of three dogs who are all eager to get a treat, and not so into the thought of sitting still for the camera? Yeah, it's pretty impossible. So, Bernie is looking up at the counter, McDuff is walking to me and out of camera range, and Rosebud is just hanging out waiting for that damn treat that I'm taking my sweet time giving her. Aren't they all cute? I could steal McDuff and never give him back, he's so stinking adorable. Oh, and Willow is still being a stinker who thinks that his dogs shouldn't exist, so she was in my bedroom at the time. I would say that I'm hopeful she'll get over that soon, but she still thinks Bernie shouldn't exist, and he's been here since February, so I'm really not hopeful at all. She's never going to like them being here. Silly Will.
And okay, I'm going to go read my book for a little while before I go to sleep. I hope you all had great weekends. I'll talk at you tomorrow!
11 comments:
Hehehe...they are all so cute (and alert)!
Wow, Sally! You sound like you might have done this stocking stuffing thing before. :) Great ideas! Thanks, I'll probably use some of them. The house key, though? Not yet! Geez. :P
Dont hold back! Embarrassing Denise is fun! :) I second the house key idea. And also think maybe he could use some lego's.
Legos? That's a fun idea! And I would kind of like to hear the other ideas too! Cuz I'm only coming up with one thing that you might mean. :P
Hmm... now you got the wheels in my head spinning... I bet Jamie would go to Spencer's with you and point out a few things! And as a matter of fact, I bet he's not a stranger to Adult World. (But I really don't want to know if he is or isn't for sure. So, Jamie? Shhh.)
And Sally totally has a point with the whole key/surprise cooking thing. Just think, maybe you'd come home one day to dishes done, dinner on the table and... I don't know what else, a freshly painted pick-a-room or something?
Well, Sally, you got me blushing for sure, but the two of you have some good ideas, once I get past the embarrassing stuff. But! He already knows how to get into my house when I'm not home, and I have come home to dinner almost on the table, my dogs out and in and fed and the house lit up and pretty on a couple of nights. Yup. So there. :)
But I'm not saying I won't take some of those other suggestions to heart when I'm shopping for stocking stuffers. ;P
OK I finally got here to see this...Lets go to Adult world this weekend!!...Come on..It'll be fun...I can really embarass you in there. Sarah you can come too and maybe pick a few things up for your hubby. :P
Poor Denise...we are so mean to you...LOL
Okay, if the three of us went together? I'd totally go, because it would be hysterical. I think my face would be red the whole time, though. :P
Umm... mine too. So not going. Count me out.
Come on Sarah...Don't be a chicken sh!t
Not. Happening. :p
Post a Comment