Friday, December 01, 2006

First of December

I bought this candle holder from a candle party that Sarah had. Isn't it pretty? My living room smells cinnamony now.

So, it's the first day of holidailies. Woo! Get ready to get sick of me, because I'll be updating daily for the whole month of December. Or I'll be trying to, anyway. I'm not sure how I'm going to work it when J is around, because he doesn't know about this blog yet, so I can't do it in front of him. Hmm. I'll figure something out. Maybe I'll send him to do something for me, to keep him busy for a while. My tub drain is backed up again, even worse than before (I think putting Drano down it just pissed it off), so there's something he can work on for a while. Anyway, I'll be making every effort to update here every day, so check back, 'kay?

Today was weigh-in day. I lost another pound, and am now down 16.2 pounds. Woo! I'm celebrating by having a large chocolate muffin for breakfast, and take out greasy food for both lunch and dinner. Hee. But really, weigh-in day is cheat day, and why would I want to eat a boring turkey sandwich on cheat day? I wouldn't. So, chicken sandwich and fries for lunch and KFC for dinner, with probably brownies for dessert. Yum. You can't beat it. Cheat day food aside, the weight loss thing is obviously going well, though. We have two more weeks left in the challenge, so I don't think I'll make my personal goal (which would mean losing at least 6.1 pounds in the next two weeks), but I'll come pretty close, and I'm okay with that. I also probably won't win the challenge, but I was never in this to win - just to lose weight, and I have done that, so I'm happy. Here's to keeping it up once the challenge is over.

So, guess who's meeting the parents this weekend? Yup, that would be me. J asked me the other night if I wanted to come to his sister's house on Sunday for brunch. I'll meet his Mom, Dad, sister and brother. Fun! And not at all stressful! Right. I'll survive somehow, I suppose, and actually once I get there, I probably won't be all that stressed, really. I'm good with parents, usually. I'm a nice, sweet, innocent looking girl, so parents usually want their sons with me. Which is good, but knowing that somehow doesn't make it any easier to face the prospect of hanging out with his family for a couple of hours. Oy. Oh well, I'll survive, and it'll mean I'll have that many fewer people to meet on Christmas Eve. I have to arrange a meeting with my sister and her husband soon, though, because I can't be the only one going through this stress.

This weekend should be fun, though, parent meeting aside. J and I are going to work on decorating my house for Christmas. For some reason I'm very much in the Christmas mood this year, so I'm really looking forward to getting my stuff all up. I'll post pictures once we get everything out and up.

As I was walking out to my car last night, I remembered that my car inspection was expiring. Yesterday. Oops! I called my garage when I got home, fully expecting to not be able to get it in for an inspection until next week, because the garage is always so busy, but he was really nice and said he would try to fit me in today. As Sarah said, that's probably because I paid his mortgage for most of the summer with my car repair bills. Sarah was nice enough to pick me up at the garage and bring me in to work, so my car is at the garage now, waiting for them to find a few minutes to inspect it. I hope everything is okay with it. Cross your fingers for me, okay?

Okay, I think I've exhausted my updating abilities for day one. Check back tomorrow - I'll have an update up at some point, if I have to lock J in a different room so that I can get into blogger for a few minutes. Until then, have a great Friday! And I'll leave you with a picture of Willow and Bernie. It's not the best picture, because there is a streak of sunlight running right down the middle of Bernie's face, but I think they're cute, regardless of picture quality. Don't you agree?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I do agree. Especially the big furball of love. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! Also... nice candle! It better be for a small fortune, huh?!!! :) Glad you like what you ordered though, and thanks for coming!!!


Even if you did just come for the brownies. Which I dont remember you eating...

Denise said...

I did eat a brownie! Silly. That really is the reason I came. :) The candles were nice too, though.

Anonymous said...

No brownies for the scrapbooking one though, if you're coming. I promised cookies this time. I think maybe the peanut butter ones with a hersheys kiss in em? I like them ones. :)

Sarah said...

I'm Sarah, too, sorry if it's confusing. I was cruising through Holidailies and I like your entry. When I saw the dogs' picture, I said to myself I'm coming back for sure to read your future entries (and hope for more pictures!).

Denise said...

Hi Sarah!

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you landed on my page and liked it! I'll do my best to post more doggy pictures for you. I certainly get some good ones to post!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger