Today was the start of the secret Santa gift exchange in my office. It's so fun! I gave the person whose name I drew a Santa Christmas tree ornament, after leading her on a bit of a scavenger hunt following one clue after another. She loved the search and the gift. Then I got mine, which was started with a clue in my mailbox - a piece of ribbon with a snowman on it, and a piece of wrapping paper with a note on it telling me to look for that paper and ribbon everyday until the gift giving days were over. So I went and searched, and found my gift! It was a calendar with goofy dog pictures on it. Very cute. I have to confess, though, that I didn't get what I was supposed to be doing when I got the clue. I thought the piece of ribbon with the snowman on it was my gift. I was apparently a bit thick headed today. D'oh!
I definitely feel like holiday time is already here. I'm sure a lot of offices get this way as the holidays draw near - as the time to be off for the Christmas/New Year break comes nearer, less and less work gets done. Well, mentally I already seem to be in the do nothing phase, even though I have to work another week and a half. Oops! I'm still getting stuff done, but I'm having to force myself. Also, the diet is going by the wayside for the holidays, too. I'm going to be careful to not eat enough to gain any of the weight I've lost back, but I'm not going to be attempting to lose any weight again until the end of January. It's time for a break from the diet. Our office challenge ends tomorrow, and I'm not going to win, but I will end it having lost at least 15 pounds, so I'm happy. We're going to do the challenge again in the spring semester, so I'll do it again then, and maybe lose another 15 or 20 pounds. But for now, I'm done.
If you read my entry the other day about how I was jonesing for a Sim fix, you'll be happy to know that I finally played it again last night! It felt great - I really missed those little Sim people. Willow the Sim dog had her puppies - one female, who I named Farah, and two males, who I named Fido and Frick. They're all black like Bernie Sim, and I can't wait to see what they grow up like. They're very cute (although they all got the same personality of hyper doofuses, so that should be fun).
This afternoon the college is having a Christmas dinner for its employees, so we get to go over in about three hours and eat a good dinner. It's much better than the cereal I would probably have at home, so I'm happy! And tomorrow Sarah and I are going to go to the Pizzeria and get pizza and cheese sticks for lunch, so yum. It's a good couple of days for food.
I told J about this blog the other night. He didn't quite understand what a blog was, or why anyone would write about their lives on the Internet, but I tried to make him understand. Well, as well as I could. How can you explain what compels you to write about your life on the Internet for anyone to read? I don't know how well I did at making him understand. I asked him if he wanted the link so that he could read it, and he said no for now. Which is fine - he doesn't have to read it. I just wanted him to know that it existed. It didn't feel right to keep it a secret any longer. We've just gotten too close for that.
Also, I finally said those three words. You know the ones. ♥ :)
A year later
3 days ago


4 comments:
Denise is in LOVE!!! ♥
Oh, and I'm so eating some of those cheese sticks... I think we should majorly pig out. Cuz I'm currently wanting a pepperoni hot tunnel, cheese sticks, AND french fries...
Mmm, french fries are very yummy too. I like your ideas!
And yeah, notice how I snuck that in at the end of the entry? Hee.
Ooh you said those three words. How exciting :).
I'm so happy you finally had some Sim time! Just kidding! ;) Although that's great and all, more important is that you said those three words to J! I'm wishing you both all the best.
Tell him you only have readers who are the good kind of crazy! :)
Post a Comment