Monday, December 04, 2006

Dinner Talk

My banister is ready for Christmas. (Oh, and I'm the baby on the top, and my sister is the one on the bottom who is losing the back of her frame. I've got to fix that.)

I had my weekly dinner with my sister today. We planned to have dinner, the three of us plus J, on Saturday, so that he can meet them. And, the best part - I'm bringing him to Christmas dinner. Ha! He's SOOO going to love meeting all of her family in one day. Overwhelmed? Yeah, he will be. But my brother-in-law had a good point - in a group of people that large, you can just kind of hang back and observe, and let the conversation flow around you. If it's just you and a couple of new people, then you're under more pressure to make conversation. So maybe it won't be bad for him at all. Anyway, it should be interesting - I've never introduced someone to the family before. And yes, I'm 37, but I'm socially backward, okay? What you all did in your early 20s, I'm doing now. I'm a slow bloomer.
I would usually be talking on the phone to J right now, but tonight I'm chatting with my good friend Sally. She should be showing up online anytime now. We haven't talked in a really long time, because she's been so busy with work, but she has some time tonight, so we're meeting online for a good long chat session. It's going to be good to catch up with her.
And, since I'm not going to be on the phone, I can catch up on some TV. First up, Veronica Mars - after that, who knows. I have about 40-50 hours worth of TV on here to catch up with, so I certainly have my pick. The only bad thing about having a boyfriend? The loss of TV time! Then again, it's certainly nice to interact with a real person for a change, so I am not complaining.
And suddenly I'm out of things to talk about for tonight, and Sally should be showing up any minute, so that's all from me tonight. Have a great night!

The tree, with light so that you can see the ornaments. It's not much, but I'm loving it. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, are the W and the B for Willow and Bernie or is that some coincidence?! I heart it. :)

And I think yu should give each person at the Christmas dinner a question to ask J so that it's at least slightly uncomfortable. That's be fun!

Anonymous said...

yu? Equals you...

and That's? Equals That'd...


sigh.

Denise said...

The W and B are for Willow and Bernie! Those and the cat one were a gift from J for my critters. He knows the way into my heart, huh?


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Mining Industry. Powered by Blogger